Saturday, January 1, 2011

...what this year will bring.

So here we are, having toppled inelegantly from 2010 to 2011. Last year was a cracker-jack of events in world politics, the strength of humanity (and its weakness, unfortunately) and general interest. While the youth of the world protested everything from G20s and G8s in Canada to rising tuition fees in the UK, there were huge moments of humanity could be proud. The saving of the Chilean miners made me proud to think that despite the wars and conflicts and crooked politicians (currently deriding Ivory Coast's), the human race finally pulled together and did something incredible for thirty three men trapped in the belly of the Earth who thought they might never see daylight, let alone their loved ones, again.

With every passing year I'm always a bit surprised at my successful continuation in the Land of Adulthood, of which I have been a part for quite some time now. However, I'm still in shock when people address me as "Miss" or "Ms" (depending on the moment) and the stark realization that if I do or say something really wrong, that I will be personally be responsible for my own actions. Interesting stuff. Not that I'm planning to go and do something wrong, or even do on a regular basis (such an exciting life this Molly leads) but it sometimes weighs on my mind that I can officially be jailed for my actions. Regardless, I'm looking forward to 2011. I have already decided that it will be an immense improvement on 2010 because of its status as a prime number and because it is more upright a year than 2010 which seems heavy in its zeroes. With that, I hope that the year will be good, enriching, and surprise me in its strength of humanity and people working with each other, and not against. Oh, and let's keep on working on the environment, shall we? The volcanoes, tornadoes, floods, heatwaves and parched earth of this past year is certainly an indication that we need to start caring a bit more about what we're doing to our faithful Old Mother Earth, eh what?

No comments:

Post a Comment